- “Anonymous Information” means information which does not enable identification of an individual user, such as aggregated information about the use of our Site.
- “Blockchain” means a blockchain or distributed ledger technology or other similar technology.
- “Blockchain Tokens” means digital cryptographic tokens, typically virtual currency (also known as “cryptocurrency” or “digital currency”), that are implemented on a Blockchain.
- “Company Tokens” means a Blockchain Token referred to as the “DNA Token” that the Company develops.
- “Personal Information” means any information that may be used, either alone or in combination with other information, to personally identify an individual, including, but not limited to, a first and last name, a personal profile, an email address, a home or other physical address, or other contact information.
- “Wallet Address” means a cryptographic public private key pair, typically used in context of virtual currency for the purpose of holding funds denominated in that virtual currency.
What Personal Information We Collect and How We Collect It. We do not currently require you to provide Personal Information in order to have access to general information available on the Site. If you decide to purchase Company Tokens we may also ask you to provide further evidence of your identity, for example a copy of your passport, driving license, proof of income and/or proof of residence. We are required to ask for this information to comply with know your customer (KYC) and anti-money laundering (AML) legislation. We may ask also you to provide a proof of a qualified purchaser status from a third party licensed professional or other evidence satisfactory to the Company. When you interact with us and use some of our services or enter into an agreement to purchase Company Tokens from us the following information may be written onto the Blockchain: (a) the Wallet Address from which you send us payment; (b) the amount of the Blockchain Tokens which you send us as payment; (c) the Wallet Address to which we will send you the Company Tokens; (d) the number of Company Tokens we will send you; (e)
- In addition, we do receive and/or collect Personal Information from you in the following ways:
- ‘Contact Us’ Information. If you send us a “Get In Touch” request, whether by submitting an online form that we make available or by sending an email to an email address that we display, you may be required to provide us with certain information such as your email address or other required information.
- Log Files. We may make use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, clicked pages and any other information your browser may send to us. We may use such information to analyze trends, administer the Site, track users’ movement around the Site, and gather demographic information.
- Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies. Our Site may utilize “cookies”, anonymous identifiers and other tracking technologies in order to for us to provide our Site and present you with information that is customized for you. A “cookie” is a small text file that may be used, for example, to collect information about activity on the Site. Certain cookies and other technologies may serve to recall Personal Information, such as an IP address, previously indicated by a user. Most browsers allow you to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them and how to remove them. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser.
- Analytics Tools. The Site may use analytics tools to collect information about use of the Site. These tools collect information such as how often users visit this site, what pages they visit when they do so, and what other sites they used prior to coming to this Site. We use the information we get from them to maintain and improve the Site and our products. We do not combine the information collected through the use of these tools with personally identifiable information.
- The Way We Use Personal Information. If you submit or we collect Personal Information through the Site, then we may use such Personal Information in the following ways, via any applicable communication channel, including, without limitation, e-mail.
- We will use your Personal Information to provide and improve our Site, to send you marketing/advertisement communications that we believe may be of interest to you, to contact you in connection with the Site and certain programs or offerings that you may have registered for, and to identify and authenticate your access to the parts of the Site that you are authorized to access.
- We may use your designated email address to: (i) send you updates or news regarding the Site and our products; and/or (ii) respond to a “Get In Touch”).
- We may disclose your Personal Information or any information you submitted via the Site if we have a good faith belief that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (ii) enforce our Terms, including investigations of potential violations thereof; (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud or security issues; or (iv) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of DNAtix, our users, yourself or the public.
- Information and Blockhain. Blockchain technology, also known as distributed ledger technology, is at the core of our business. Blockchains are decentralized and made up of digitally recorded data in a chain of packages called ‘blocks’. The manner in which these blocks are linked is chronological, meaning that the data is very difficult to alter once recorded. Since the ledger may be distributed all over the world (across several ‘nodes’ which usually replicate the ledger) this means there is no single person making decisions or otherwise administering the system (such as an operator of a cloud computing system), and that there is no centralized place where it is located either. Accordingly, by design, records on the Blockchains cannot be changed or deleted and is said to be ‘immutable’. In certain circumstances, in order to comply with our contractual obligations to you (such as delivery of tokens you have purchased) it may be necessary to write certain personal data, such as your Ethereum or Wallet Address, onto the Blockchain; this is done through a smart contract and requires you to execute such transactions using your wallet’s private key.
IF YOU WANT TO ENSURE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS ARE NOT AFFECTED IN ANY WAY, YOU SHOULD NOT TRANSACT ON BLOCKCHAINS AS CERTAIN RIGHTS MAY NOT BE FULLY AVAILABLE OR EXERCISABLE BY YOU OR US GIVEN THE TECHNOLOGICAL INFRASTRUCTURE OF THE BLOCKCHAIN. FURTHER, THE BLOCKCHAIN IS AVAILABLE TO THE PUBLIC AND ANY PERSONAL DATA SHARED ON THE BLOCKCHAIN WILL BECOME PUBLICLY AVAILABLE.
- Use of Anonymous Information. We may use Anonymous Information (as defined below) or disclose it to third party service providers in order to improve our Site and enhance your experience with the Site. We may also disclose Anonymous Information (with or without compensation) to third parties, including advertisers and partners.
- Opting Out. You may choose not to receive future promotional, advertising, or other Site-related emails from us by selecting an unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email that we send. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving the foregoing emails, we may still send you a response to any “Get In Touch” request as well as administrative emails (for example, in connection with a password reset request) that are necessary to facilitate your use of the Site.
- At all times, you may choose whether or not to provide or disclose Personal Information. If you choose not to provide mandatory Personal Information, you may still visit parts of the Site, but you may be unable to access certain options, programs, offers, and services that involve our interaction with you.
- Access/Accuracy. To the extent that you do provide us with Personal Information, we wish to maintain accurate Personal Information. If you would like to delete or correct any of your other Personal Information that we may be storing, you may submit an access request by sending an email to us. Your email should include adequate details of your request.
- Children’s Privacy. The Site is not structured to attract children under the age of 18 years. Accordingly, we do not intend to collect Personal Information from anyone we know to be under 18 years. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under 18 years, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any such information, please contact us.
- The security of Personal Information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards, including the use of appropriate administrative, physical and technical safeguards, to protect the Personal Information submitted to us. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use reasonable acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security or confidentiality. If you have any questions about security on the Service, please contact us.
- Merger, Sale or Bankruptcy. In the event that we are acquired by or merged with a third party entity, or in the event of bankruptcy or a comparable event, we reserve the right to transfer or assign Personal Information in connection with the foregoing events.
- California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year.
- Our California Do Not Track Notice.
We do not track consumers over time and across third party websites and therefore do not respond to Do Not Track signals. We do not allow third parties to collect personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across different web sites when a consumer uses the Site.
Last Updated: August 2018